Welcome to the 12 Days of Christmas – a series of daily posts about, you guessed it – Christmas. If you’re just finding us, you may like to start at Day12 and make your way through from there. Thank you for being here!
4th Day of Christmas – Light of the World
“Again Jesus spoke to them saying, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” John 8:12
On the 5th day of Christmas we finally reached the goal of this series of pre-Christmas posts: to understand the claim that Jesus is our hope. Once we really understand who Jesus is and what He has done for us, the natural response, just like Christian when the burden finally fell from his back, is worship and rejoicing.
So what better way to finish this series than to send you to some beautiful Christmas songs, old and new, whose words capture the truth of Christmas, and call us to worship the One who came to die and to save us from our sin.
Listen to the call in this song, ‘Light of the World’:
“Sing Hallelujah, for the things He has done; Come and adore Him; Come bow before Him; Sing Alleluia
12. Jesus is our hope.
11. He is not just a babe in a manger – He holds our heart beat and life in His hands as Almighty God.
10. Jesus existed in eternity past before He was born a babe in a manger. He is the Eternal Son of God.
9. The Eternal God Almighty humbled Himself, clothed Himself in human flesh, was born as a babe, and dwelt among us.
8. In becoming a man and walking amongst humanity, Jesus, without giving up His divine nature, willingly set aside His heavenly privileges for a time and humbled Himself unto death – to serve you and me, in a way that only He could.
7. Jesus was born to save His people from their sins.
6. Jesus was born to die.
5. Forgiveness found at the cross is a sure and steadfast hope.
4. Now that we know these things, let us rejoice and worship the Savior this Christmas season.
It matters that we know this.